What is a Regional Park?
The Regional Park system is unique to Saskatchewan. These parks were developed by the volunteers
surrounding the park’s location. Today, there are regional parks across the province – some next to a village or town, some in the furthest reaches of rural areas and many are located in the forested areas waiting for you to choose your summer home.
Park details have been supplied by each individual park.
Notice due to Covid-19
Regional parks and campgrounds will be permitted to open as part of the “Re-Open Saskatchewan” plan released by the Government of Saskatchewan. Regional parks will be following the guidelines laid out by the Government, including all Provincial Health Orders from the Saskatchewan Health Authority. Those regional parks that are unable to meet the guidelines (e.g. health and safety provisions) may choose to defer opening. To find out more information regarding reservations, campsites, and park facilities, please contact your local regional park.
Key information specific to the general re-opening of regional parks includes:
- Low-risk outdoor recreational activities will be allowable with precautionary measures, including fishing and boat launches (May 4), golfing with physical distancing guidelines (May 15) and a fixed date and clear guidelines for the operation of parks and campgrounds (June 1). Passengers in boats are limited to only those who reside in the same household.
- Overnight stays prior to June 1, 2020, are permitted for individuals with seasonal long-term sites or cabins with self‑supporting infrastructure (sewer and water) located in regional parks.
- Currently, operators of regional parks are permitted to continue accepting and fulfilling reservations from out of province residents.
- Non-essential travel from out of province is strongly discouraged. However, out of province users will not be denied access to regional parks in Saskatchewan unless specifically stated by a public health order. Out of province users are asked to minimize any non-essential travel within the park.
- The size restrictions of public and private gatherings will remain at a maximum of 10 people until at least phase three.
Out of province residents are not permitted to camp in provincial parks, and although it is discouraged to reduce transmission of the COVID-19 virus, they may be permitted in private campgrounds and regional parks.
- Non-essential travel between provinces is strongly discouraged, however, individuals from outside of Saskatchewan are still permitted to camp (at the discretion of the operator) in regional parks or private campgrounds.
- Before traveling, please check the current public health orders to ensure there are no travel restrictions for the area. Travel restrictions such as the one currently in place for northern Saskatchewan, are subject to change and must continue to be followed.
Information regarding the Saskatchewan Re-Open Plan can be found here: Saskatchewan Re-Open Plan
Here is the latest (May 1/2020) Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan
Below are some links to information you may find useful.
This Public Health Orders can be found here:
Updates during the COVID-19 Pandemic:
Tourism Saskatchewan Announcements
Provincial updates can be found on the Government of Saskatchewan website here:
Self-Assessment and health information is available on the COVID-19 Information Online site here:
2020 Season Pass
Each regional park is a different size and each offers differing choices of activities for you and your family. Amenities include camping, swimming, boating, fishing, sports grounds, golf courses, all levels of food services and a whole lot more. Choose your regional park with what you need to make your stay enjoyable.
Did You Know?
The proceeds from every park pass stays with the park where it was sold!
Find us on Instagram and share your photos using #saskregionalparks
Capture this summer’s “fun in the sun”. Whatever you’re doing at your favorite Saskatchewan Regional Park, bring your camera and don’t miss that shot!Contest Details
Park n’ Play 2020
Enter as often as you would like to win great prizes like season passes, camping gift certificates, and golf course certficates for the 2021 seasonContest Details